24 The Hard Way and The Double Dirty Dozen are intended to be competitive but also fun events. We have a few rules to run by and ask that all participants know and abide by them.
The most important rules :
· No littering of any kind , anywhere, anytime .
· No Parking on the grass or off of the Roadway.
1)Runners must share the path with any others who may be present.
2) Pacing is not allowed. Registered runners may run together, but registered runners may not run alongside people who are not registered. There may be non-registered people on the course, so please do not run with these people.
3) We assume that whether runners are moving fast or slow at any given time, all are trying for their best performance. Thus there is no need to move out of the way for someone who may want to pass. Faster runners should generally assume that they will have to pass slower runners on the outside. As noted, registered runners may run together, but if there are more than two abreast (or those walking slowly), please move to the outside of the all-purpose trail to let other runners get by. This rule is to ensure safety and a right of way for everyone.
4) Runners may leave the course at any place or time. They may go where they please for as long as they please. When they re-enter the course, they *must* do so at the exact point where they left it. To assist the race committee, please tell a volunteer if you are leaving for good, or if you are leaving for an extended period with the intention of returning.
5) 24 The Hard Way Runners may not run on the grass, either inside or outside the all-purpose trail.
6) There are plenty of Porta-johns. Use them, or face disqualification. ’nuff said.
7)Headphones are allowed, but if you use them, please exercise caution, Cellular telephones may not be used by runners while they are on the course. Runners may stop and step off the course to use a cell phone however.
Runners may not use banned substances. See Antidoping Code Each runner must wear his or her bib number and Timing Chip at all times while on the course. Alcoholic Beverages are prohibited.